Monday, September 23, 2013

(FEAR OF) WORMS

Worms. This may be a common fear. Yet, maybe not. I can't tell if it's the lack of legs, or maybe it's the way they scrunch up and down to move, or it could possibly be the texture of their skin. I honestly cannot pick out the worst part about them, but whatever it is...it's BAD!

Okay, I might have lied...just a bit. I do like some worms, but only the gummy kind.

My nightmares consist of worms, constantly. Being anywhere that is infested with them. It reminds me of that old T.V. show, Fear Factor. You could not pay me enough money to lay down or stand up in a tank of worms. Never would I ever.

It is way more common for people to have a fear of parastic worms, but I have a fear of all of them. Maggots included. Actually, I don't know what the phobia name would be, but I have a fear of all animals that have less than two legs or more than four. (I only say this because I have seen a three-legged chinchilla at Timberlee...and I LOVE chinchillas!) So, I guess you could include spiders, snakes, and ticks in this category as well. Along with many other insects...oh, like millipedes. YUCK!

Out of all of the insects though worms are my least favorite. There is only one experience that I can recall back to that confirms my fear of worms. Every summer my friends and I would spend it at my friends campground. At of course they sold worms there, like every bait shop would at a campground. We were talking about fears, mine being worms. Immediately my friends grabbed one out of a container, tossing it back and forth, thus causing me to go into a panic attack. They chased me around and some how I unhooked my friends bra with my elbows. I can't tell you how or why. But I did.

WORST. EXPERIENCE. EVER.

I hate worms.

What's your biggest fear?

2 comments:

  1. I think you are just talking about regular earthworms but I think that they're totally harmless. At least they aren't like leeches that suck blood out of your body without you noticing. I personally wouldn't mind staying in a tub of worms as long as they don't go inside my body. I think you have much bigger problems like snakes and other exotic animals that could actually harm you to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the incident you mentioned. I would say, "hopefully, it hasn't scarred you too badly," but obviously it has, so...

    Actually, going of what Zongsia mentioned, do snakes and other non-insect creatures with the correct amount of legs bother you as well, or just insects?

    ReplyDelete